Unit Standard 115759
Place: New Germany
Duration: 5 Days
This stand-alone unit standard enables a candidate to acquire direct practical skills to prepare and conduct moderation of outcomes-based assessments within their field of expertise. The course is designed to prepare candidates to effectively manage the moderation process within the workplace or any situation that calls for the verification of outcomes-based assessments and the skills development process. The programme includes the most updated information about the NQF process in South Africa and several links to keep abreast of the changes that occur in future.
The topics covered in the programme are:
- An in-depth study of SAQA, its main associated bodies, and the NQF.Introduction and background to the NQF and outcomes-based education.
- Preparing to conduct moderation on outcomes-based assessments.
- Working with assessors to ensure the most effective implementation of the outcomes-based system.
- Planning, preparing and recording details of moderations carried out for SETA verification visits.
- Reviewing the moderation system and the Quality Management System of an organisation.
The course is presented over four weekdays, Monday to Thursday. 4 days are dedicated to the theory component of the programme and the 5th day is for assistance in compiling the portfolio of evidence (PO.E.).
Evidence for the assessment is gathered in 2 ways. The candidate will be required to prepare and role-play an assessment situation. The theory component is covered by knowledge questions and activities in the P.O.E.