Unit Standard 252250
Place: New Germany
Duration: 4 to 5 hours
A learner credited with this unit standard will be capable of identifying, containing, preventing and extinguishing different types of fires by operating basic fire fighting equipment
The course covers:
• Electricity, spontaneous combustion, chemical reactions, liquefied petroleum gas and the different Classes A, B, C and D fires.
• Legal, financial and personal implications and procedures
• Fire extinguishers, fire hoses, hose reels and their use
• Symbols on extinguishers
- Identify different types of fires.
- Understand, explain and practice fire prevention
- Operate basic fire fighting equipment
- Perform basic fire fighting procedures