The purpose of this programme is to enable learners to acquire competence in operating forklift trucks for the safe and efficient movement and stacking of freight in a variety of work environments and take basic care of equipment in compliance with the manufacturers and legislative standards.
Course Code: HS13
Duration: 5 Days
Cost: As per booking form
Course Title: Operate Counter-balanced lift truck
INCLUDES: Learner workbooks, pen, practicals, assessment, certificate (on successful completion)
- Apply the recognised methods for inspecting and recording the operational fitness of all components
of the lift truck with reference to safety procedures in the workplace.
- Identify and classify freight/loads taking into account documentation, packaging and labelling
associated with the specific freight.
- Handle, load and store freight in accordance with industry standards and environmental requirements, and
with due consideration to inter alia the commodities and their properties, storage area and placement
of the load.
- Freight/load is handled, loaded and stored in accordance with organisational standards and
- Operate equipment in accordance with laid down organisational and legislative standards and
procedures as well as manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Access available emergency support systems and services in case of incidents and accidents.
LEARNING OUTCOMES – PRACTICAL EVALUATION
- Mechanical Appreciation
- Pre-Operating Inspection
- Start-up Checks and Inspections
- Shut Down Checks and Inspections
- Maintaining a Logbook
- Operator Controls
- Loading and Off-loading
- Handling Cargo